Friday, February 3, 2012

Curry Chicken

Food, is appropriately my first blogging topic.  Curry chicken to be specific, my first attempt.  All and all things went pretty well, this was a use what I had kind of dish.  Fortunately my cabinets were surprisingly filled with Indian ingredients.  So here goes:

I put a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a dutch oven over high heat.  Seasoned my choice of chicken, thighs with skin, with curry powder, salt, pepper, and a dash of cinnamon and paprika.  I seared the chicken on both sides and removed from the pot.

I added an onion, coarsely chopped, garlic, and two carrots.  Once softened I added a handful of cherry tomatoes and grated ginger, and I deglazed the pot with some white wine.  

I then added a splash of water and a can of coconut milk.  I added the chicken back in, and threw in a sprinkle more curry & cinnamon.  Covered it and put it in the oven for approximately 40 minutes.

Served with saffron rice, and curry lentils.


The "gravy" was delicious, I could have eaten it on anything.  But I guess I am a gravy lover.  The chicken was super moist.  Matthew made the lentils, they were the best I've ever had.  He browned them, and seasoned them with garlic, ginger, coriander, anise, cinnamon, and curry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment